Sunday, March 12, 2017

Long time with no record

In looking back, it's been since 2013 that I made a list of books I've read.  So I sorted my library by date, from most recent to oldest, cross-checked it with my 2013 list, figured out which ones were on both lists, removed the duplicates, and am left with the following list of books I've read since then:
  1. Everything We Keep: A Novel by Kerry Lonsdale
  2. The Midwife’s Revolt by Jodi Daynard
  3. While the World Is Still Asleep (Book 1 in The Century Trilogy) by Petra Durst-Benning
  4. The Champagne Queen (Book 2 in The Century Trilogy) by Petra Durst-Benning
  5. Kindred (Jefferson Tate Genealogical Mystery) by Steve Robinson
  6. Anatomy of Evil (A Barker & Llewelyn novel) by Will Thomas
  7. Fatal Inquiry (A Barker & Llewelyn novel) by Will Thomas
  8. The Secret Healer by Ellin Carsta
  9. The Moonlit Garden by Corina Bomann
  10. A Banquet of Consequences by Elizabeth George
  11. Still Waters (Sandhamn Murders Book 1) by Viveca Sten
  12. The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
  13. Redeeming Love: A Novel by Francine Rivers (loosely based on Hosea)
  14. A Dark Lure by Loreth Anne White (maybe read)
  15. Maude by Donna Foley Mabry
  16. My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni
  17. The Lost Empress (Jefferson Tate Genealogical Mystery) by Steve Robinson
  18. War Brides
  19. The Glassblower (The Glassblower Trilogy Book 1/3) by Petra Durst-Benning
  20. The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy Book 2/3) by Petra Durst-Benning
  21. The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy Book 3/3) by Petra Durst-Benning
  22. Elizabeth Street by Laurie Fabiano - an excellent read!!!
Written in My Own Heart’s Blood: A Novel (Outlander Book 8) by Diana Gabaldon
This list doesn't seem especially long given that it's been around four years since I made any record of what I'd been reading.  But a few explanations for why I haven't read more could be among the following:  1)  I've intermittently binged on Netflix or Amazon Prime; 2) I've worked numerous overloads in any given semester; 3) I've begun falling asleep faster so don't get as many pages read before going to sleep.

That last reason for not logging more pages/volumes is a tremendous blessing to me because I've spent the vast majority of my adult life having trouble falling asleep at night.  That's why reading helped: because it enabled me to exit my own worrisome lines of thought and refocused on situations that don't affect me.  So, I'm looking forward to Diana Gabaldon's ninth volume in the Outlander series and I think it's been a good four years since the last one, so hopefully it'll be out soon. Meanwhile, I continue to read mostly historical fiction, an interest I share with my mom, Jan McCoy, and my mentor, Jean Swartz.

1 comment:

  1. We do indeed enjoy the historical fiction genre. And some mysteries are fun reads.

    ReplyDelete