I'm greatly enjoying reading Kathy Reichs's Bones series (if you can't tell from my reading list). I will have read all of her books when I read one more after the one I'm currently reading and then I'll have read all of the Bones books. I've really enjoyed reading this series. The characters are realistic, the multi-layered plots keep the reader engaged, and the settings vary enough to provide the reader with geography and history lessons as well.
The main character, Temperance Brennan, is vastly different in the books than she is in the television series. In the book she's much more realistic and since the books are written in first person, it's much easier to see the emotional side of the character; whereas the Brennan in the television series is portrayed as unemotional and distant, relying only on facts, not feelings, when working with others.
All in all, I'd highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys the forensic crime solving genre.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment