Well, the spring semester is about to come to a close. We have three weeks of classes, then finals week. It's been a really good semester. I've tried some new things, further developed my online course content, and am very content in my department.
Following is my schedule for Summer I, Summer II, and Fall 2009:
Summer I - June 2 - July 2, 2009
10:00-12:20 (Monday-Thursday) - SPCH 1311 - Intro to Speech Communication
12:30-2:50 (Monday-Thursday) - SPCH 1311 - Intro to Speech Communication
Summer II - July 8 - August 7, 2009
I'll be teaching one course online - SPCH 1311
Fall 2009 - August 31 - December 19, 2009
MW 8:30-9:50 - SPCH 1318 - Interpersonal Communications
MW 10:00-11:20 - SPCH 1318 - Interpersonal Communications
TR 10:00-11:20 - SPCH 1311 - Introduction to Speech Communication
TR 2:30-3:50 - SPCH 2335 - Argumentation and Debate
Additionally, I will be teaching 3 online classes
I'm very pleased with my schedules, for summer AND for fall. After having become certified to teach online about 8 years ago, I'm finally going to do it!!! For anyone who doesn't know why the delay, it's because I wasn't teaching in a department that offered online course delivery.
I will be teaching all of my courses from the Pecan Campus in the fall. I'm still in the rotation for the Starr County campus, but I've asked to go in the spring rather than the fall; that way I'll have Spring Break to "break up" the semester a bit.
Finally . . . I'm praising God for orchestrating events that got me to this point: a department I like, teaching what I like, schedules that are VERY generous, and a few really close friends who are colleagues. What else could a person ask for? I am SO very blessed!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment