So I get this really nice, small duffel bag as one of five pieces of luggage. It's perfect for my mini-laptop, cables, etc. But . . . the shoulder strap shown in the picture was not in the set. Well, since it was less than two days before I needed to leave for a trip, I know there's no time in my schedule that I would be able to get over to the store to address this issue. So I just take the duffel bag and carry it with the two shorter straps that velcro together. This is not the most comfortable position. Several times during treks through airports I would vocalize my discontent with not being able to sling this thing over my shoulder.
Once I get where I'm going, all's fine, because the items are now stationary for the next 5 days. But then there's a rerun on the trip back home. So . . . about 3/4 of the way through the entire trip, I'm riding up an escalator with this duffel bag in front of me - I'm holding it by its shorter straps, and I look up and there's a woman on the escalator above me who's carrying a laptop with a shoulder strap. THEN it occurs to me that I could have taken the shoulder strap from my OTHER laptop bag at home. THEN . . . 5-7 days AFTER I needed to have realized this! LOL Oh, but being able to laugh at ourselves is one of life's most pleasant experiences!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment